If you’re the owner or manager of a hotel, apartment building, retirement home or other building complex, you may rely on packaged terminal air conditioning (PTAC) or packaged terminal heat pump (PTHP) units to keep everyone comfortable. These units are popular in buildings with individual rooms or living spaces because they are compact, relatively inexpensive and easy to install.
However, PTACs typically lack outdoor air intakes and, when they are not properly cleaned and maintained, can be plagued with problems, including poor drainage, offensive odors and mold buildup. Dirty units also spew tons of dust, grime and other unhealthy pollutants into the air. This can result in health problems for anyone who occupies these indoor spaces as well as outrageous repair and replacement costs for building owners. According to some estimates, PTACs that aren’t cleaned and serviced properly typically fail within five or six years, compared with a 10-to-12-year lifespan for well-maintained systems.
You’re in Excellent Hands With Duct Dudes
Thorough, routine cleaning and maintenance keeps PTAC units operating affordably and efficiently for years. That’s great news for the people who use these systems and for the business owners who pay for repairs and replacements.
That’s where we come in. We’re Duct Dudes, the team that can keep your PTACs and PTHPs in Middlesex County, NJ, Monmouth County, NJ, New Haven, CT, and NYC operating smoothly, safely and energy efficiently with our specialized training, equipment and cleaning techniques.
Our high-powered equipment removes dust, dirt, mold and other filth from your PTAC units. Keeping these units clean will significantly improve indoor air quality and extend the lifespan of your PTACs, saving you money on energy costs and capital expenses.
At Duct Dudes, we’re all about using state-of-the-art equipment that allows us to clean PTACs as thoroughly and quickly as possible. That’s why we clean your PTACs with mini-split bib cleaning kits. They allow us to clean your system’s coils, fan blades, blower wheels and more using pressurized water. But with this system, there’s no mess to clean up. The 8-foot hose directs all cleaning solutions and water safely into the cleaning kit’s 5-gallon bucket and the plastic bib protects walls and surrounding areas from any water or cleaner spray.
- Here are just some of the steps we will take to make sure your PTAC units are as clean and efficient as possible:
- Disinfect units
- Deodorize units
- Clean or replace filters
- Deep clean unit evaporator and condenser coils
- Wipe down coils using mold inhibitor to prevent growth of mold and mildew
- Flush evaporator coil
- Clean and rinse drain pins and coils
- Clean fins
- Pretreat condenser with coil-cleaning solution, thoroughly saturating them, to loosen up dirt
- Wash condenser coil from the inside out, using a low-pressure washer (High pressure will damage fins.)
- Wash indoor coil
- Wash base pan and drain passages, making sure all debris is removed from drain valve
- Clean front cabinet, blower wheel and heater assembly
- Make sure operational buttons/knobs are in place and functioning properly. Replace any damaged or missing buttons/knobs.
- Oil fan motor if needed
- Inspect cord and receptacle. Secure electrical connections.
- Make sure front grille is in place and undamaged. Check wall sleeve installation to make sure water is flowing outward, not into room.
- Inspect caulk or sealant around wall sleeve to prevent outside air or water penetration.
- Check to make sure unit is operating in both cooling and heating modes.
Your Savings Will Add Up
Routine maintenance allows you to address minor problems before they escalate into major, more expensive repairs and breakdowns. It also can help hotel owners minimize revenue losses caused when hotel rooms can’t be rented because PTACs are being fixed or replaced.
We’ll do our part with our thorough cleaning services. We recommend that your units be cleaned at least once a year, twice a year if your building is along the coast or if your units could be impacted by other issues, such as dirt and debris from a nearby construction zone.
Schedule Your PTAC Cleaning Today!
We offer thorough, reliable PTAC unit cleaning in Middlesex County, Monmouth County, NJ, New Haven, CT, and NYC. We have the training, equipment and strategies to tackle even the most challenging job. Learn more about us or schedule your service by calling 732.899.0400 or filling out our contact form.