Did you know that neglecting proper dryer vent cleaning in nj can increase your risk of a house fire? Clothing dryers are the cause of more than 15,000 house fires annually. Safety aside, Duct Dudes in Woodbridge, NJ, explains that clearing the lint from your vent regularly will help your dryer work more efficiently, reduce energy bills, and cut drying time in half.
With plenty of experience keeping New Jersey homes free of debris and dust, these experts share their best tips on keeping your dryer vent clean below:
- Clear the Lint Screen Every Time: A clogged lint screen makes it easy for small fibers to fall into the dryer vent, increasing the chance of a fire. Before you stick a new load of freshly washed laundry in the dryer, take a few seconds to empty the screen. This allows air to flow easily while reducing the total cycle time.
- Unplug the Dryer: Remember to always unplug the dryer from the main power source before attempting dryer vent cleaning. Otherwise, you may risk electrocution or breaking the machine.
- Pull Away From the Wall: To reach the vent, you’ll need to pull your dryer away from the wall. If your laundry room isn’t large enough to allow you to move freely around the machine, consider consulting a professional.
- Use a Vacuum: For the best results, separate the vent from the dryer and use a vacuum to clean both ends.
- Clean Moisture Sensors: Most modern dryers have moisture sensors installed. These detect how wet or dry clothes are and shut off the machine once the clothes are completely dry. Dryer sheets sometimes cause film to develop over these sensors, leading the dryer to fail to detect when clothes are dry. Reduce the amount of time lint has to enter your dryer vent and clean these sensors with a cotton ball and rubbing alcohol.
From your dryer vents to your air ducts, it’s important to keep your home free of debris and dust. Air Pro Duct Cleaning regularly extends the life of HVAC systems and improves indoor air quality by removing debris and dust from commercial and residential air ducts. Learn more about how dryer vent cleaning or to schedule an appointment and speak with one of their air duct technicians, call (866)-DUDE-911 today!