The ductwork in your home is a high-traffic area, especially during extreme temperatures. Between the dust and other debris that passes through, it’s important to keep up with regular air duct cleaning to ensure that the indoor air quality in your home is good.
How do you know if your ductwork is due for a cleaning? Check out these tips from Duct Dudes, the #1 NJ duct cleaners. It may be time to schedule an air duct cleaning appointment with us if you see these signs:
- Mold, mildew, slime, or other microbial growth
- Permanent or long-term water damage
- Dust, cobwebs, or other debris visibly blowing from the ductwork or registers
- Debris buildup that restricts airflow
- Evidence of insect or rodent infestation
- Offensive odors from your ductwork or HVAC system
- Frequent bouts of illness or allergies among your family
- Fiberglass ductwork, which collects contaminants more easily than sheet metal
Throughout the year, dust and other debris can accumulate in the ductwork of your home. Clogged air ducts are a breeding ground for hazardous mold, mildew, and other microbial growth. Having your air ducts cleaned regularly has been shown to reduce this growth, and increase the efficiency of your HVAC system.
You can help reduce the need for duct cleaning by completing the following steps:
- Regularly change the air filter
- Regular schedule annual professional maintenance and cleaning
- Maintain good housekeeping practices
- Ensure air intakes are properly located
- Have your ductwork regularly inspected
If it’s time for your home’s routine duct cleaning in NJ, schedule an appointment with the experts at Duct Dudes. We use the industry’s best training, work standards, and equipment to ensure that we provide the best air duct cleaning service the area has to offer. We guarantee an NADCA-certified technician on every job and we’ll take our time making sure the job gets done right—no matter how long it may take!
For more information about our NJ duct cleaning services or to schedule an appointment of your own, contact Duct Dudes at (866) DUDE-911.