When you think about it up to five to seven times a day, the air in your home circulates through the air ducts of your HVAC heating and cooling system, carrying with it the dust and debris of everyday living.
Your furnace filter catches much of the stuff, but neglect, remodeling projects, or shoddy duct installation can lead to a buildup of gunk inside your ductwork that threatens the efficiency of your system.
Are Dirty Air Ducts Hazardous to You and your Families Health?
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) asserts no studies have proven that air duct cleaning prevents health problems. Also, there isn’t proof that dirty ductwork increases dust levels inside homes, but some people are more sensitive to airborne dust and pet dander than others.
If your nose is getting itchy just thinking about what might lurk in your ducts, hiring the right professionals to clean your home is a worthwhile investment. But before you reach for the phone, take a good look to see if your ducts are dirty.
Look for These Symptoms:
- Clogs of dust, cobwebs, and debris, or noticeable particles blowing out of supply registers
- Visible mold on the inside surfaces of ducts
- Rodent droppings and dead insects inside ducts
Good Reasons for Duct Cleaning:
- Cleaning removes accumulated dust so it won’t shed into the household.
- Removing debris and cobwebs eases airflow and increases the efficiency of the system, in extreme cases as much as 40%.
- If you have fiberglass ducting, fiberglass gathers more dust than sheet metal.
Choosing a air duct cleaning Service thats Right for You!
It is all too easy to set up as a air duct cleaning; some fly-by-nighters do more harm than good. With services including air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning and deodorizing, Duct Dudes are your go to guys for everything involving great air quality all while keeping you and the environment in mind.
For more information, give your friendly NJ air duct cleaning company a call today at (732)-899-0400. We look forward to servicing you!