With over 15,000 dryer-related fires in homes each year, routinely having your dryer vents cleaned is an important part of home ownership. At Duct Dudes, our NJ dryer vent cleaning company, we offer a cost-effective way to prevent these costly fires, reduce the downtime of your dryer and keep it functioning properly, and protect the health and safety of your family. How does dryer vent cleaning work? Below, we’ve listed the step-by-step process are highly trained technicians follow when they visit your home!
1. Our technicians provide our customers with a courtesy call once they are en route to the job site.
2. Upon arrival, our NADCA certified technicians will greet the customers, introducing themselves and teammates.
3. Following the NADCA Dryer Exhaust Duct Performance Standard (DEDP), the best course of action for this particular cleaning process will be determined. A few questions and a brief tour of the dryer area (and attic if applicable) is all it takes to properly assess this cleaning.
4. If we see any damaged or crushed dryer duct during our initial service assessment, we will bring this to the customer’s attention and recommend a solution.
5. Our technicians will locate the “termination point” outside and set up our 200 p.s.i. air line. The compressor is part of our power vacuum truck system. Now its time to get started.
6. We utilize a “cutting edge” tool in our reverse skipper dryer vent line to completely clear the line; we also clean the pipe that goes from the dryer to the wall, if one exists.
7. As 200 pounds of compressed air surge through this instrument, it forces any lint or debris backwards and out of the pipe. Even the toughest blockage is no match for our tool, including bird nests, which are broken free easily.
8. The reverse skipper line reaches from one end of your dryer vent to the other, ensuring a thorough cleaning. There are some variances to this service, which may require drilling 1” access holes into the dryer duct to ensure our tools reach the entire length of the dryer duct run.
9. Once the line is clear, airflow is verified and determined to be at peak operating performance.
10. We will then pull out the dryer (when applicable), sweep under and behind it. This is a full service dryer vent cleaning.
11. This whole process takes about one hour to complete.
12. Our NJ dryer vent cleaningtechnicians will then pack up the equipment and present an invoice for your approval and subsequent payment.
For more information about our NJ dryer vent cleaning services, contact us at (866) DUDE-911. Schedule your home’s dryer vent cleaning appointment with us today!