Prepare Your Home for a Safe 4th of July Celebration
With the summer season in full swing, we are already just two weeks away from everyone’s favorite summer holiday, the 4th of July. The 4th of July is a great holiday for gathering with friends and family and it is one of the most popular holidays to host cookouts. If you are planning on hosting a cookout at your home and entertaining guests, it is a good idea to prepare your home by cleaning it up and taking actions to ensure that your 4th of July celebration is safe for all involved. Cleaning up your home will not only get it ready for company, but also give you an opportunity to make a good impression on your friends and family with a clean home. These tips will help you prepare your home for a safe 4th of July celebration.
House Cleaning Tips
If you did not have time to finish your spring cleaning, there is no need to panic as you can get your home clean and presentable for your 4th of July guests with just a few tasks. By cleaning these main areas of your home, you can make your house look a lot cleaner and more presentable.
- – Front of the House: The front of your house is what your guests will notice first before they even reach your property so making sure your yard and home look good from the street will help make a good impression. Mow your lawn and clean up any debris from your yard such as sticks, leaves, and toys and clean up any nests or spider webs that may be on your porch or the front of your house.
- – Doors to the Outside: Most 4th of July parties involve guests moving from inside your house to the yard which means that the door to your yard will be used often. Whether you have a glass sliding door or a more traditional door, make sure both sides of the door and any windows are clean as guests will be using it throughout the entire party.
- – Deck or Patio: If your 4th of July party will mostly be taking place in an outside area such as a deck or patio, make sure that area is clean and free of any debris. You can prepare your deck or patio by sweeping the area and pressure washing it if you have the time.
- – Pool: If you have a pool that will be open to your guests, you should make sure to clean out any debris from the water and vacuum the bottom to make the pool more appealing.
4th of July Celebration Safety Tips
While fireworks, pools, and bonfires add to the festivities of the 4th of July, these things can also be dangerous if the right safety precautions are not taken. These tips will help ensure that your 4th of July celebration stays safe.
- – Fireworks: Fireworks have long been a part of 4th of July parties but it is of extreme importance to make sure that they are used responsibly and that no children are lighting off fireworks without adult supervision. You should also be careful of what kind of fireworks you have because many types are illegal in Illinois.
- – Grill/ Bonfire: 4th of July parties usually involve children and pets running around the yard which can be dangerous near a lit grill. Put the grill somewhere out of the way so that children and pets will not be near it and make sure the children understand to stay away from the grill when it is lit. If you have a bonfire at some point during the party, build the fire away from the house or low hanging trees to avoid spreading the fire and once again make sure the children understand not to get too close.
- – Water/ Pool Safety: People that host 4th of July parties sometimes have pools open to their guests and if you do have your pool open for the party, make sure that the pool is supervised at all times to avoid the risk of drowning.
- – Alcohol: Alcohol is pretty common at 4th of July celebrations. Just make sure to drink responsibly and keep alcohol out of the hands of minors.
As this 4th of July quickly approaches, use these tips to help prepare your home for guests and plan out a safe 4th of July celebration that can be enjoyed by everyone. These are just a few ways to stay safe this holiday weekend. At Duct Dudes, #1 air duct cleaning nj company, we strive to keep our customers informed and satisfied. Having clean air ducts and dryer vents is just as important this summer as clogged vents can cause fires. To learn about air duct or dryer vent safety, contact us or give our experts a call at
Air duct cleaning NJ